Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Gary on Graphs Peter Carswell on Graphs Willie on Nominal House Prices Danny on Graphs Danny on Nominal House Prices
- More property buyers should make use of "gap" subsidy May 29, 2015
- Major Pretoria streets to become single lane May 29, 2015
- Is your home a good investment? May 29, 2015
- Centurion park to be sold despite objections May 29, 2015
- Ekurhuleni property owners to cough up 10% more May 29, 2015
- Topic "Death of new tenant" a message from Pauline May 29, 2015
- Topic "Charges on Lease agreement" a message from Bratboy May 28, 2015
- Topic "Charges on Lease agreement" a message from Orionmj May 26, 2015
- Topic "Rental Application Form" a message from Renter May 25, 2015
- Topic "What if Tenant wont allow me in for maintenance?" a message from dwortmann May 18, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Other useful data
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- Data sources
- Exploring the relationship between inflation and house prices
- How will South African demographics impact future South African House Prices?
- Why you should prepare for negative monthly YOY house price growths until July 2011
- 214,222 hits
Category Archives: Real v nominal house prices
Why is it important to improve everyone’s wealth? The collective wealth of the citizens of a country is one of the key pillars of long term real house price growth. A population that becomes wealthier on average over time will … Continue reading
Comparing South Africa’s real house price curve with UK and the US. Could real house prices in South Africa fall by 20%?
Fig 1: SA, UK, US real house price curves since 1981 Looking at real house prices charted since 1981 for SA, UK and the US it would appear as if SA and the UK are still in for some real … Continue reading
ABSA records the average South African house price in 1981 as R 50,143. By 2010, this has risen to R1,029,331. The series of all ABSA nominal house prices since 1966 is available on the front page of House Price South … Continue reading
Fig 1: Real house prices v nominal house prices in South Africa If you scan the newspaper headlines you are very likely to see a headline talking about property prices in South Africa. Frequently, these headlines concern the level of … Continue reading