Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Willie on Nominal House Prices Danny on Graphs Danny on Nominal House Prices christine west on Graphs Alex on South African property prices…
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Topic "Cancellation penalty - Landlord's perspective" a message from maryberry May 1, 2015
- Topic "Moving Out" a message from Renter April 22, 2015
- Topic "Rental & Sales agents Needed - Western Cape" a message from Smith Anderson Realty April 17, 2015
- Topic "Finding a good Rental Agent" a message from Ernie April 17, 2015
- Topic "Sales Manager Wanted - Century City - Cape Town" a message from Smith Anderson Realty April 17, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Other useful data
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- What will average property prices be in 2050?
- Will the current South African property market mimic the 1980's recovery?
- How much do REAL house prices differ to nominal house prices in South Africa?
- What is the effect of rising interest rates on property prices in SA?
- 208,167 hits
Category Archives: Real v nominal house prices
Why is it important to improve everyone’s wealth? The collective wealth of the citizens of a country is one of the key pillars of long term real house price growth. A population that becomes wealthier on average over time will … Continue reading
Comparing South Africa’s real house price curve with UK and the US. Could real house prices in South Africa fall by 20%?
Fig 1: SA, UK, US real house price curves since 1981 Looking at real house prices charted since 1981 for SA, UK and the US it would appear as if SA and the UK are still in for some real … Continue reading
ABSA records the average South African house price in 1981 as R 50,143. By 2010, this has risen to R1,029,331. The series of all ABSA nominal house prices since 1966 is available on the front page of House Price South … Continue reading
Fig 1: Real house prices v nominal house prices in South Africa If you scan the newspaper headlines you are very likely to see a headline talking about property prices in South Africa. Frequently, these headlines concern the level of … Continue reading