Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Willie on Nominal House Prices Danny on Graphs Danny on Nominal House Prices christine west on Graphs Alex on South African property prices…
- Topic "Sales Agents Required" a message from babycat March 28, 2015
- Topic "How to evict a sub-let" a message from babycat March 28, 2015
- Topic "House rented with allumium blinds - wear and tear" a message from babycat March 28, 2015
- Topic "Tenant Welcome Letter" a message from Alice3fy March 20, 2015
- Topic "Calculation interest on rental deposit" a message from Kindread March 19, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- How much do REAL house prices differ to nominal house prices in South Africa?
- Other useful data
- Data sources
- Monitoring the health of REAL house prices in South Africa
- A closer look at real house prices reveals a scary picture..
- Comparing South Africa's real house price curve with UK and the US. Could real house prices in South Africa fall by 20%?
- 202,456 hits
Category Archives: Real v nominal house prices
Why is it important to improve everyone’s wealth? The collective wealth of the citizens of a country is one of the key pillars of long term real house price growth. A population that becomes wealthier on average over time will … Continue reading
Comparing South Africa’s real house price curve with UK and the US. Could real house prices in South Africa fall by 20%?
Fig 1: SA, UK, US real house price curves since 1981 Looking at real house prices charted since 1981 for SA, UK and the US it would appear as if SA and the UK are still in for some real … Continue reading
ABSA records the average South African house price in 1981 as R 50,143. By 2010, this has risen to R1,029,331. The series of all ABSA nominal house prices since 1966 is available on the front page of House Price South … Continue reading
Fig 1: Real house prices v nominal house prices in South Africa If you scan the newspaper headlines you are very likely to see a headline talking about property prices in South Africa. Frequently, these headlines concern the level of … Continue reading