Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Willie on Nominal House Prices Japie on Nominal House Prices gert on Nominal House Prices Daager on Nominal House Prices Danny on Nominal House Prices
- Cape Town defies planning committee to okay Noordhoek restaurant August 21, 2014
- CPUT won't stop building in District 6 August 21, 2014
- Tshwane's new bus system set to 'be the best' August 21, 2014
- Joburgers stripped of R57m August 21, 2014
- Collapsed mansion riddle August 20, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa’s future retirees: Industry behaviour August 13, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa’s future retirees: Retiree behaviour August 13, 2014
- Hard evidence that South Africans are paying twice for state services July 14, 2014
- How South Africans spend a fortune doing government's job July 13, 2014
- The awkward, pre-wedding money conversation July 3, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Tipping point already reached? West Antarctica in slow-motion, unstoppable melt May 14, 2014
- Extinction crisis: rising sea levels will submerge thousands of islands April 8, 2014
- Apocalypse now? Climate change already damaging agriculture, acidifying seas, and worsening extreme weather March 31, 2014
- Top scientists propose ambitious plans to safeguard world from devastating climate change December 5, 2013
- Bangladesh plans massive coal plant in world's biggest mangrove forest November 11, 2013
- Topic "How to evict a sub-let" a message from Nestor August 20, 2014
- Topic "A SUB TENANT "STALKING" ME" a message from Nestor August 20, 2014
- Topic "How to evict a sub-let" a message from August 19, 2014
- Topic "How to evict a sub-let" a message from Nestor August 19, 2014
- Topic ""Landlord from Hell" Stories" a message from Brutius August 13, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Other useful data
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- Will the current South African property market mimic the 1980's recovery?
- How much do REAL house prices differ to nominal house prices in South Africa?
- Data sources
- How to migrate South Africa's population from lower quality to better quality housing?
- 167,691 hits
Category Archives: Real v nominal house prices
Why is it important to improve everyone’s wealth? The collective wealth of the citizens of a country is one of the key pillars of long term real house price growth. A population that becomes wealthier on average over time will … Continue reading
Comparing South Africa’s real house price curve with UK and the US. Could real house prices in South Africa fall by 20%?
Fig 1: SA, UK, US real house price curves since 1981 Looking at real house prices charted since 1981 for SA, UK and the US it would appear as if SA and the UK are still in for some real … Continue reading
ABSA records the average South African house price in 1981 as R 50,143. By 2010, this has risen to R1,029,331. The series of all ABSA nominal house prices since 1966 is available on the front page of House Price South … Continue reading
Fig 1: Real house prices v nominal house prices in South Africa If you scan the newspaper headlines you are very likely to see a headline talking about property prices in South Africa. Frequently, these headlines concern the level of … Continue reading