Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Japie on Nominal House Prices gert on Nominal House Prices Daager on Nominal House Prices Danny on Nominal House Prices Rob on Nominal House Prices
- Hard evidence that South Africans are paying twice for state services July 14, 2014
- How South Africans spend a fortune doing government's job July 13, 2014
- The awkward, pre-wedding money conversation July 3, 2014
- Value investing and price-to-book value June 18, 2014
- 'SA economy not heading for recession' June 3, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Tipping point already reached? West Antarctica in slow-motion, unstoppable melt May 14, 2014
- Extinction crisis: rising sea levels will submerge thousands of islands April 8, 2014
- Apocalypse now? Climate change already damaging agriculture, acidifying seas, and worsening extreme weather March 31, 2014
- Top scientists propose ambitious plans to safeguard world from devastating climate change December 5, 2013
- Bangladesh plans massive coal plant in world's biggest mangrove forest November 11, 2013
- Topic "Tenant refuses to move out after lease expired" a message from Bratboy July 22, 2014
- Topic "Tenant refuses to move out after lease expired" a message from Heronoz July 18, 2014
- Topic "upload from rentbook" a message from cfguy July 9, 2014
- Topic "problems with managing agent" a message from julie July 3, 2014
- Topic ""Reasonable" Cancellation Penalty?" a message from RosuProp July 2, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Other useful data
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- What will average property prices be in 2050?
- How will South African demographics impact future South African House Prices?
- The power of compound house price rises – don’t be left behind
- Data sources
- 162,134 hits
Category Archives: Real v nominal house prices
Why is it important to improve everyone’s wealth? The collective wealth of the citizens of a country is one of the key pillars of long term real house price growth. A population that becomes wealthier on average over time will … Continue reading
Comparing South Africa’s real house price curve with UK and the US. Could real house prices in South Africa fall by 20%?
Fig 1: SA, UK, US real house price curves since 1981 Looking at real house prices charted since 1981 for SA, UK and the US it would appear as if SA and the UK are still in for some real … Continue reading
ABSA records the average South African house price in 1981 as R 50,143. By 2010, this has risen to R1,029,331. The series of all ABSA nominal house prices since 1966 is available on the front page of House Price South … Continue reading
Fig 1: Real house prices v nominal house prices in South Africa If you scan the newspaper headlines you are very likely to see a headline talking about property prices in South Africa. Frequently, these headlines concern the level of … Continue reading