Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Alex on Nominal House Prices MIKE on Nominal House Prices mark on Are house builders priced out… Willie on Nominal House Prices Japie on Nominal House Prices
- Joburg billing crisis: But there's no crisis, says the city October 20, 2014
- Shopping precinct grows around Joburg heritage loo October 20, 2014
- Chelsea garage to sell for R9.8 million October 20, 2014
- Residents face eviction to make way for MyCiTi route October 20, 2014
- Plan for Durban 'burial site' housing under fire October 20, 2014
- SA vs. the world September 25, 2014
- The internet revolution is set to hit SA, Africa hard September 18, 2014
- The best investing strategy is to forget you’ve invested September 14, 2014
- Money management advice for teens August 31, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa's future retirees: Don't retire August 21, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 'We will win this war': Yeb Saño speaks out on global warming September 17, 2014
- Tipping point already reached? West Antarctica in slow-motion, unstoppable melt May 14, 2014
- Extinction crisis: rising sea levels will submerge thousands of islands April 8, 2014
- Apocalypse now? Climate change already damaging agriculture, acidifying seas, and worsening extreme weather March 31, 2014
- Top scientists propose ambitious plans to safeguard world from devastating climate change December 5, 2013
- Topic "Rescission of Lease" a message from yellowman October 17, 2014
- Topic "Prospective Tenant" a message from yellowman October 17, 2014
- Topic "Travel costs-reasonable claim?" a message from yellowman October 17, 2014
- Topic "Prospective Tenant" a message from dresspolvin October 16, 2014
- Topic "Prospective Tenant" a message from Devon October 16, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Other useful data
- Real House Prices
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- What will average property prices be in 2050?
- A closer look at real house prices reveals a scary picture..
- How much do REAL house prices differ to nominal house prices in South Africa?
- Data sources
- 178,149 hits
Category Archives: Real v nominal house prices
Why is it important to improve everyone’s wealth? The collective wealth of the citizens of a country is one of the key pillars of long term real house price growth. A population that becomes wealthier on average over time will … Continue reading
Comparing South Africa’s real house price curve with UK and the US. Could real house prices in South Africa fall by 20%?
Fig 1: SA, UK, US real house price curves since 1981 Looking at real house prices charted since 1981 for SA, UK and the US it would appear as if SA and the UK are still in for some real … Continue reading
ABSA records the average South African house price in 1981 as R 50,143. By 2010, this has risen to R1,029,331. The series of all ABSA nominal house prices since 1966 is available on the front page of House Price South … Continue reading
Fig 1: Real house prices v nominal house prices in South Africa If you scan the newspaper headlines you are very likely to see a headline talking about property prices in South Africa. Frequently, these headlines concern the level of … Continue reading