Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Gary on Graphs Peter Carswell on Graphs Willie on Nominal House Prices Danny on Graphs Danny on Nominal House Prices
- 4 purse-friendly load shedding solutions May 22, 2015
- 4 idyllic winter getaway home spots May 22, 2015
- Iconic heritage Somerset West farm to be auctioned May 22, 2015
- Illegal building in sectional title – what to do? May 22, 2015
- New Baywest Mall opens in Port Elizabeth May 22, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Topic "Florida Panthers (13-8-8) at Philadelphia Flyers (" a message from marcus5523 May 23, 2015
- Topic "Recap: Anaheim vs. Vancouver" a message from marcus5523 May 23, 2015
- Topic "Florida Panthers (17-10-9) at Washington Capitals" a message from marcus5523 May 23, 2015
- Topic "What if Tenant wont allow me in for maintenance?" a message from dwortmann May 18, 2015
- Topic "Mandatory EAAB CPD programme" a message from Elgee May 14, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Other useful data
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- Comparing the South African property market to a typical housing bubble
- How to migrate South Africa's population from lower quality to better quality housing?
- Exploring the relationship between inflation and house prices
- A closer look at real house prices reveals a scary picture..
- 212,217 hits
Category Archives: Monthly house price commentary
If you are an expat, you might have noticed that SA house prices have become a lot cheaper lately – in fact about 30% cheaper! Since the FIFA World Cup in 2010, South African property prices have become almost 30% … Continue reading
The long run of month on month house price growth continues. South Africa has now enjoyed a full 12 months of incremental month on month house price growth. In nominal terms houses are more expensive than they have ever been … Continue reading
So what is happening with house prices at the moment? As predicted very little. Housing has firmly re-established itself as a place to live rather than to make money off. Nominal house prices continue to creep upwards as per history … Continue reading
Fig 1: Monthly average nominal house prices – 1980 to Jan 2011 Fig 2: Monthly average nominal house price tracking since Jan 2008, with forecast prices to Jan 2012 The average house price in South Africa according to ABSA figures … Continue reading