Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Alex on South African property prices… Chris on South African property prices… Alex on South African property prices… Chris on South African property prices… Alex on South African property prices…
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- SA vs. the world September 25, 2014
- The internet revolution is set to hit SA, Africa hard September 18, 2014
- The best investing strategy is to forget you’ve invested September 14, 2014
- Money management advice for teens August 31, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa's future retirees: Don't retire August 21, 2014
- Artists, musicians, writers protest government plans for massive coal plant in the Sundarbans October 28, 2014
- 'We will win this war': Yeb Saño speaks out on global warming September 17, 2014
- Tipping point already reached? West Antarctica in slow-motion, unstoppable melt May 14, 2014
- Extinction crisis: rising sea levels will submerge thousands of islands April 8, 2014
- Apocalypse now? Climate change already damaging agriculture, acidifying seas, and worsening extreme weather March 31, 2014
- Topic "Prospective Tenant" a message from marcl December 16, 2014
- Topic "cannot get the orignal signed lease from the agent" a message from marcl December 16, 2014
- Topic "Tenant's girlfriend...from hell" a message from marcl December 16, 2014
- Topic "Sectional Title voting" a message from marcl December 16, 2014
- Topic "PRIVATE RENTAL" a message from marcl December 16, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- Other useful data
- Real House Prices
- South African property prices drop almost 30% ... for expats
- How will South African demographics impact future South African House Prices?
- How does the Rand Exchange Rate impact South African House Prices?
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- More pressure on South African house prices as the Rand strengthens?
- 186,524 hits
Category Archives: Monthly house price commentary
If you are an expat, you might have noticed that SA house prices have become a lot cheaper lately – in fact about 30% cheaper! Since the FIFA World Cup in 2010, South African property prices have become almost 30% … Continue reading
The long run of month on month house price growth continues. South Africa has now enjoyed a full 12 months of incremental month on month house price growth. In nominal terms houses are more expensive than they have ever been … Continue reading
So what is happening with house prices at the moment? As predicted very little. Housing has firmly re-established itself as a place to live rather than to make money off. Nominal house prices continue to creep upwards as per history … Continue reading
Fig 1: Monthly average nominal house prices – 1980 to Jan 2011 Fig 2: Monthly average nominal house price tracking since Jan 2008, with forecast prices to Jan 2012 The average house price in South Africa according to ABSA figures … Continue reading