Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
MIKE on Nominal House Prices mark on Are house builders priced out… Willie on Nominal House Prices Japie on Nominal House Prices gert on Nominal House Prices
- High-rise rezoning angers Durban property owners September 2, 2014
- Major facelift for Tshwane's Menlyn mall September 2, 2014
- Joburg bowling club gets court reprieve over lease September 2, 2014
- Tshwane to sell off Sunnyside properties September 1, 2014
- Joburg abandons pool registration plans September 1, 2014
- Money management advice for teens August 31, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa's future retirees: Don't retire August 21, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa’s future retirees: Industry behaviour August 13, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa’s future retirees: Retiree behaviour August 13, 2014
- Hard evidence that South Africans are paying twice for state services July 14, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Tipping point already reached? West Antarctica in slow-motion, unstoppable melt May 14, 2014
- Extinction crisis: rising sea levels will submerge thousands of islands April 8, 2014
- Apocalypse now? Climate change already damaging agriculture, acidifying seas, and worsening extreme weather March 31, 2014
- Top scientists propose ambitious plans to safeguard world from devastating climate change December 5, 2013
- Bangladesh plans massive coal plant in world's biggest mangrove forest November 11, 2013
- Topic "COMMISSION" a message from Bratboy August 28, 2014
- Topic "Small scale debit order service" a message from Kazi August 27, 2014
- Topic "COMMISSION" a message from candy August 27, 2014
- Topic "Electrical Certificate Of Compliance" a message from share60 August 26, 2014
- Topic "How to evict a sub-let" a message from Nestor August 20, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Other useful data
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- House prices continue to beat inflation, but can this continue?
- How much do REAL house prices differ to nominal house prices in South Africa?
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- How will South African demographics impact future South African House Prices?
- 169,817 hits
Category Archives: Monthly house price commentary
The long run of month on month house price growth continues. South Africa has now enjoyed a full 12 months of incremental month on month house price growth. In nominal terms houses are more expensive than they have ever been … Continue reading
So what is happening with house prices at the moment? As predicted very little. Housing has firmly re-established itself as a place to live rather than to make money off. Nominal house prices continue to creep upwards as per history … Continue reading
Fig 1: Monthly average nominal house prices – 1980 to Jan 2011 Fig 2: Monthly average nominal house price tracking since Jan 2008, with forecast prices to Jan 2012 The average house price in South Africa according to ABSA figures … Continue reading