Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Chris on Nominal House Prices Alex on Nominal House Prices MIKE on Nominal House Prices mark on Are house builders priced out… Willie on Nominal House Prices
- SA vs. the world September 25, 2014
- The internet revolution is set to hit SA, Africa hard September 18, 2014
- The best investing strategy is to forget you’ve invested September 14, 2014
- Money management advice for teens August 31, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa's future retirees: Don't retire August 21, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Artists, musicians, writers protest government plans for massive coal plant in the Sundarbans October 28, 2014
- 'We will win this war': Yeb Saño speaks out on global warming September 17, 2014
- Tipping point already reached? West Antarctica in slow-motion, unstoppable melt May 14, 2014
- Extinction crisis: rising sea levels will submerge thousands of islands April 8, 2014
- Apocalypse now? Climate change already damaging agriculture, acidifying seas, and worsening extreme weather March 31, 2014
- Topic "Ekaya.com - Renting Better" a message from ekaya.com October 29, 2014
- Topic "Rescission of Lease" a message from yellowman October 17, 2014
- Topic "Prospective Tenant" a message from yellowman October 17, 2014
- Topic "Travel costs-reasonable claim?" a message from yellowman October 17, 2014
- Topic "Prospective Tenant" a message from dresspolvin October 16, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Other useful data
- Data sources
- How will South African demographics impact future South African House Prices?
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- What is the effect of rising interest rates on property prices in SA?
- How much do REAL house prices differ to nominal house prices in South Africa?
- 179,713 hits
Category Archives: Monthly house price commentary
The long run of month on month house price growth continues. South Africa has now enjoyed a full 12 months of incremental month on month house price growth. In nominal terms houses are more expensive than they have ever been … Continue reading
So what is happening with house prices at the moment? As predicted very little. Housing has firmly re-established itself as a place to live rather than to make money off. Nominal house prices continue to creep upwards as per history … Continue reading
Fig 1: Monthly average nominal house prices – 1980 to Jan 2011 Fig 2: Monthly average nominal house price tracking since Jan 2008, with forecast prices to Jan 2012 The average house price in South Africa according to ABSA figures … Continue reading