Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Alex on South African property prices… Mike Steel on South African property prices… Bane on Real House Prices Chris on Nominal House Prices Alex on Nominal House Prices
- Durban property owners battle multi-storey "abomination" in court November 24, 2014
- Estate dog decision to be appealed November 24, 2014
- Durban's iconic beacon stands the test of time November 24, 2014
- Faulty meter racks up R18 000 bill November 24, 2014
- Church 'too noisy' for neighbours November 24, 2014
- SA vs. the world September 25, 2014
- The internet revolution is set to hit SA, Africa hard September 18, 2014
- The best investing strategy is to forget you’ve invested September 14, 2014
- Money management advice for teens August 31, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa's future retirees: Don't retire August 21, 2014
- Artists, musicians, writers protest government plans for massive coal plant in the Sundarbans October 28, 2014
- 'We will win this war': Yeb Saño speaks out on global warming September 17, 2014
- Tipping point already reached? West Antarctica in slow-motion, unstoppable melt May 14, 2014
- Extinction crisis: rising sea levels will submerge thousands of islands April 8, 2014
- Apocalypse now? Climate change already damaging agriculture, acidifying seas, and worsening extreme weather March 31, 2014
- Topic "No Statements No Bills?" a message from mrbribri November 24, 2014
- Topic "Chasing Money" a message from Eartha147xsh November 22, 2014
- Topic "Looking for Property Management Agent" a message from Brook137xsh November 21, 2014
- Topic "Tenant's girlfriend...from hell" a message from Melini Moodley November 15, 2014
- Topic "cannot get the orignal signed lease from the agent" a message from firstname.lastname@example.org November 11, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- How much do REAL house prices differ to nominal house prices in South Africa?
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- South African property prices drop almost 30% ... for expats
- Other useful data
- A closer look at real house prices reveals a scary picture..
- What will average property prices be in 2050?
- 183,614 hits
Category Archives: Inflation
So we have been hearing all the good news recently. The broad message? The property market is steadily recovering. Experts have pointed to house price growth in 2013 at 9.92%. This after an almost zero growth 2011 and 2012 was welcome news … Continue reading
House prices in South Africa continue to grow strongly in the first quarter of 2014, keeping up the good momentum after a very strong 9.92% growth in 2013. In the first three months of the year (Jan-Mar), YoY growth was 8.65%, 8.46% … Continue reading
Population expansion, increases in consumption and limited resources are coming together along with climate change to pressure the world – this is likely to lead to more turbulence, currency wars, high inflation and a general erosion of living for almost … Continue reading
Fig 1: CPI inflation v Nominal House Prices South Africa has a history of high inflation. Inflation targeting has successfully brought inflation down to low single digits since 2003. Up until 1993 and at least since 1982, CPI inflation rates … Continue reading
A question that I promised to return to is the effect of inflation on South African house prices. Although we know that property has a built-in inflation hedge, what I wanted to investigate is do South African house prices rise … Continue reading
With house prices set to stagnate in terms of real growth over the next 40 years, the attraction of property as an investment class for pure value growth has diminished. Whereas most investors over the past 10 years were in … Continue reading