Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Alex on Nominal House Prices MIKE on Nominal House Prices mark on Are house builders priced out… Willie on Nominal House Prices Japie on Nominal House Prices
- Camps Bay property sellers 'unrealistic about prices' October 2, 2014
- Cape Town's Adderley bus station ready for use October 2, 2014
- Stable manager gets court to rein in tenant October 2, 2014
- Durban property owners may lodge valuation complaints October 2, 2014
- New electricity customer centre to service Durban north October 2, 2014
- SA vs. the world September 25, 2014
- The internet revolution is set to hit SA, Africa hard September 18, 2014
- The best investing strategy is to forget you’ve invested September 14, 2014
- Money management advice for teens August 31, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa's future retirees: Don't retire August 21, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 'We will win this war': Yeb Saño speaks out on global warming September 17, 2014
- Tipping point already reached? West Antarctica in slow-motion, unstoppable melt May 14, 2014
- Extinction crisis: rising sea levels will submerge thousands of islands April 8, 2014
- Apocalypse now? Climate change already damaging agriculture, acidifying seas, and worsening extreme weather March 31, 2014
- Top scientists propose ambitious plans to safeguard world from devastating climate change December 5, 2013
- Topic "To be Lardlord" a message from Ronny October 2, 2014
- Topic "Looking for Property Management Agent" a message from Ronny October 2, 2014
- Topic "Rental Agents Required Cape Town Southern Suburbs" a message from TheManager October 2, 2014
- Topic "LANDLORD WISHES TO MANAGE OWN RENTAL" a message from Shar September 18, 2014
- Topic "LANDLORD WISHES TO MANAGE OWN RENTAL" a message from Bratboy September 18, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Other useful data
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- How much do REAL house prices differ to nominal house prices in South Africa?
- Is it time to sell South African property?
- Data sources
- 175,014 hits
Category Archives: Inflation
So we have been hearing all the good news recently. The broad message? The property market is steadily recovering. Experts have pointed to house price growth in 2013 at 9.92%. This after an almost zero growth 2011 and 2012 was welcome news … Continue reading
House prices in South Africa continue to grow strongly in the first quarter of 2014, keeping up the good momentum after a very strong 9.92% growth in 2013. In the first three months of the year (Jan-Mar), YoY growth was 8.65%, 8.46% … Continue reading
Population expansion, increases in consumption and limited resources are coming together along with climate change to pressure the world – this is likely to lead to more turbulence, currency wars, high inflation and a general erosion of living for almost … Continue reading
Fig 1: CPI inflation v Nominal House Prices South Africa has a history of high inflation. Inflation targeting has successfully brought inflation down to low single digits since 2003. Up until 1993 and at least since 1982, CPI inflation rates … Continue reading
A question that I promised to return to is the effect of inflation on South African house prices. Although we know that property has a built-in inflation hedge, what I wanted to investigate is do South African house prices rise … Continue reading
With house prices set to stagnate in terms of real growth over the next 40 years, the attraction of property as an investment class for pure value growth has diminished. Whereas most investors over the past 10 years were in … Continue reading