Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Willie on Nominal House Prices Danny on Graphs Danny on Nominal House Prices christine west on Graphs Alex on South African property prices…
- Topic "Cancellation penalty - Landlord's perspective" a message from maryberry May 1, 2015
- Topic "Moving Out" a message from Renter April 22, 2015
- Topic "Rental & Sales agents Needed - Western Cape" a message from Smith Anderson Realty April 17, 2015
- Topic "Finding a good Rental Agent" a message from Ernie April 17, 2015
- Topic "Sales Manager Wanted - Century City - Cape Town" a message from Smith Anderson Realty April 17, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Other useful data
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- Will the current South African property market mimic the 1980's recovery?
- What will average property prices be in 2050?
- House prices grow at the fastest rate in 6 years!
- How much do REAL house prices differ to nominal house prices in South Africa?
- 208,168 hits
Category Archives: Inflation
So we have been hearing all the good news recently. The broad message? The property market is steadily recovering. Experts have pointed to house price growth in 2013 at 9.92%. This after an almost zero growth 2011 and 2012 was welcome news … Continue reading
House prices in South Africa continue to grow strongly in the first quarter of 2014, keeping up the good momentum after a very strong 9.92% growth in 2013. In the first three months of the year (Jan-Mar), YoY growth was 8.65%, 8.46% … Continue reading
Population expansion, increases in consumption and limited resources are coming together along with climate change to pressure the world – this is likely to lead to more turbulence, currency wars, high inflation and a general erosion of living for almost … Continue reading
Fig 1: CPI inflation v Nominal House Prices South Africa has a history of high inflation. Inflation targeting has successfully brought inflation down to low single digits since 2003. Up until 1993 and at least since 1982, CPI inflation rates … Continue reading
A question that I promised to return to is the effect of inflation on South African house prices. Although we know that property has a built-in inflation hedge, what I wanted to investigate is do South African house prices rise … Continue reading
With house prices set to stagnate in terms of real growth over the next 40 years, the attraction of property as an investment class for pure value growth has diminished. Whereas most investors over the past 10 years were in … Continue reading