Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Alex on South African property prices… Chris on South African property prices… Alex on South African property prices… Chris on South African property prices… Alex on South African property prices…
- Durban's Royal Hotel gets a new owner March 5, 2015
- It is illegal to claim a spotter's fee March 5, 2015
- Consider life insurance to cover your bond as well March 5, 2015
- Farm size limit a 'negotiating tactic' March 4, 2015
- Durban 'green' home goes off the grid March 4, 2015
- Topic "House for Sale" a message from Frustratedx100 February 26, 2015
- Topic "House for Sale" a message from Bratboy February 26, 2015
- Topic "House for Sale" a message from Frustratedx100 February 24, 2015
- Topic "Illegal Clauses & Advice" a message from TPN Legal February 19, 2015
- Topic "Illegal Clauses & Advice" a message from Bratboy February 18, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Other useful data
- Comparing the South African property market to a typical housing bubble
- How will South African demographics impact future South African House Prices?
- How much do REAL house prices differ to nominal house prices in South Africa?
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- What will average property prices be in 2050?
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- 198,059 hits
Category Archives: Inflation
So we have been hearing all the good news recently. The broad message? The property market is steadily recovering. Experts have pointed to house price growth in 2013 at 9.92%. This after an almost zero growth 2011 and 2012 was welcome news … Continue reading
House prices in South Africa continue to grow strongly in the first quarter of 2014, keeping up the good momentum after a very strong 9.92% growth in 2013. In the first three months of the year (Jan-Mar), YoY growth was 8.65%, 8.46% … Continue reading
Population expansion, increases in consumption and limited resources are coming together along with climate change to pressure the world – this is likely to lead to more turbulence, currency wars, high inflation and a general erosion of living for almost … Continue reading
Fig 1: CPI inflation v Nominal House Prices South Africa has a history of high inflation. Inflation targeting has successfully brought inflation down to low single digits since 2003. Up until 1993 and at least since 1982, CPI inflation rates … Continue reading
A question that I promised to return to is the effect of inflation on South African house prices. Although we know that property has a built-in inflation hedge, what I wanted to investigate is do South African house prices rise … Continue reading
With house prices set to stagnate in terms of real growth over the next 40 years, the attraction of property as an investment class for pure value growth has diminished. Whereas most investors over the past 10 years were in … Continue reading