Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Japie on Nominal House Prices gert on Nominal House Prices Daager on Nominal House Prices Danny on Nominal House Prices Rob on Nominal House Prices
- Hard evidence that South Africans are paying twice for state services July 14, 2014
- How South Africans spend a fortune doing government's job July 13, 2014
- The awkward, pre-wedding money conversation July 3, 2014
- Value investing and price-to-book value June 18, 2014
- 'SA economy not heading for recession' June 3, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Tipping point already reached? West Antarctica in slow-motion, unstoppable melt May 14, 2014
- Extinction crisis: rising sea levels will submerge thousands of islands April 8, 2014
- Apocalypse now? Climate change already damaging agriculture, acidifying seas, and worsening extreme weather March 31, 2014
- Top scientists propose ambitious plans to safeguard world from devastating climate change December 5, 2013
- Bangladesh plans massive coal plant in world's biggest mangrove forest November 11, 2013
- Topic "Tenant refuses to move out after lease expired" a message from Bratboy July 22, 2014
- Topic "Tenant refuses to move out after lease expired" a message from Heronoz July 18, 2014
- Topic "upload from rentbook" a message from cfguy July 9, 2014
- Topic "problems with managing agent" a message from julie July 3, 2014
- Topic ""Reasonable" Cancellation Penalty?" a message from RosuProp July 2, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Other useful data
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- What will average property prices be in 2050?
- How will South African demographics impact future South African House Prices?
- Data sources
- 162,274 hits
Category Archives: Inflation
So we have been hearing all the good news recently. The broad message? The property market is steadily recovering. Experts have pointed to house price growth in 2013 at 9.92%. This after an almost zero growth 2011 and 2012 was welcome news … Continue reading
House prices in South Africa continue to grow strongly in the first quarter of 2014, keeping up the good momentum after a very strong 9.92% growth in 2013. In the first three months of the year (Jan-Mar), YoY growth was 8.65%, 8.46% … Continue reading
Population expansion, increases in consumption and limited resources are coming together along with climate change to pressure the world – this is likely to lead to more turbulence, currency wars, high inflation and a general erosion of living for almost … Continue reading
Fig 1: CPI inflation v Nominal House Prices South Africa has a history of high inflation. Inflation targeting has successfully brought inflation down to low single digits since 2003. Up until 1993 and at least since 1982, CPI inflation rates … Continue reading
A question that I promised to return to is the effect of inflation on South African house prices. Although we know that property has a built-in inflation hedge, what I wanted to investigate is do South African house prices rise … Continue reading
With house prices set to stagnate in terms of real growth over the next 40 years, the attraction of property as an investment class for pure value growth has diminished. Whereas most investors over the past 10 years were in … Continue reading