Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
MIKE on Nominal House Prices mark on Are house builders priced out… Willie on Nominal House Prices Japie on Nominal House Prices gert on Nominal House Prices
- Money management advice for teens August 31, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa's future retirees: Don't retire August 21, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa’s future retirees: Industry behaviour August 13, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa’s future retirees: Retiree behaviour August 13, 2014
- Hard evidence that South Africans are paying twice for state services July 14, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Tipping point already reached? West Antarctica in slow-motion, unstoppable melt May 14, 2014
- Extinction crisis: rising sea levels will submerge thousands of islands April 8, 2014
- Apocalypse now? Climate change already damaging agriculture, acidifying seas, and worsening extreme weather March 31, 2014
- Top scientists propose ambitious plans to safeguard world from devastating climate change December 5, 2013
- Bangladesh plans massive coal plant in world's biggest mangrove forest November 11, 2013
- Topic "COMMISSION" a message from Bratboy August 28, 2014
- Topic "Small scale debit order service" a message from Kazi August 27, 2014
- Topic "COMMISSION" a message from candy August 27, 2014
- Topic "Electrical Certificate Of Compliance" a message from share60 August 26, 2014
- Topic "How to evict a sub-let" a message from Nestor August 20, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- Other useful data
- Real House Prices
- Exploring the relationship between inflation and house prices
- Data sources
- How will South African demographics impact future South African House Prices?
- 169,507 hits
Category Archives: Exchange rates
In the last two years South Africans have become poorer in global terms. In 2012 the Rand was worth 13.2% less than the year before and so far this year it is worth 14.5% less again (v the USD). Have … Continue reading
Having charted the historical Rand exchange rate v South African House Prices, there is clearly a relationship between the devaluation of the Rand and the increase in South African House Prices over time. So you can rest assured that as … Continue reading
As the Rand strengthens there will be further stagnation of South African house prices. Since June 2010, South African average house prices have been moving downwards, and increased strength in the Rand will keep this downward pressure on South African … Continue reading