Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Alex on South African property prices… Chris on South African property prices… Alex on South African property prices… Chris on South African property prices… Alex on South African property prices…
- Controversial plans passed in error, says Durban municipality February 27, 2015
- Estate agents and commission claim disputes February 27, 2015
- Smaller sectional schemes often problematic February 27, 2015
- Transfer duty threshold increased to R750 000 February 27, 2015
- Joburg's City Power to nail users by the clock February 26, 2015
- Topic "House for Sale" a message from Frustratedx100 February 26, 2015
- Topic "House for Sale" a message from Bratboy February 26, 2015
- Topic "House for Sale" a message from Frustratedx100 February 24, 2015
- Topic "Illegal Clauses & Advice" a message from TPN Legal February 19, 2015
- Topic "Illegal Clauses & Advice" a message from Bratboy February 18, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Other useful data
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- Comparing the South African property market to a typical housing bubble
- What will average property prices be in 2050?
- The importance of calculating REAL house price growth of your property
- South African property prices drop almost 30% ... for expats
- 197,317 hits
Category Archives: Exchange rates
In the last two years South Africans have become poorer in global terms. In 2012 the Rand was worth 13.2% less than the year before and so far this year it is worth 14.5% less again (v the USD). Have … Continue reading
Having charted the historical Rand exchange rate v South African House Prices, there is clearly a relationship between the devaluation of the Rand and the increase in South African House Prices over time. So you can rest assured that as … Continue reading
As the Rand strengthens there will be further stagnation of South African house prices. Since June 2010, South African average house prices have been moving downwards, and increased strength in the Rand will keep this downward pressure on South African … Continue reading