Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Gary on Graphs Peter Carswell on Graphs Willie on Nominal House Prices Danny on Graphs Danny on Nominal House Prices
- Garden Route property for every buyer May 24, 2015
- 4 purse-friendly load shedding solutions May 22, 2015
- 4 idyllic winter getaway home spots May 22, 2015
- Iconic heritage Somerset West farm to be auctioned May 22, 2015
- Illegal building in sectional title – what to do? May 22, 2015
- Topic "AGENTS UNITED! Let's work together!" a message from rushchampion May 25, 2015
- Topic "Florida Panthers (13-8-8) at Philadelphia Flyers (" a message from marcus5523 May 23, 2015
- Topic "Recap: Anaheim vs. Vancouver" a message from marcus5523 May 23, 2015
- Topic "Florida Panthers (17-10-9) at Washington Capitals" a message from marcus5523 May 23, 2015
- Topic "What if Tenant wont allow me in for maintenance?" a message from dwortmann May 18, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- How will South African demographics impact future South African House Prices?
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- Will the current South African property market mimic the 1980's recovery?
- A closer look at real house prices reveals a scary picture..
- What is the history of South African interest rates, and could they go lower?
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- What will average property prices be in 2050?
- 212,337 hits
Category Archives: Exchange rates
In the last two years South Africans have become poorer in global terms. In 2012 the Rand was worth 13.2% less than the year before and so far this year it is worth 14.5% less again (v the USD). Have … Continue reading
Having charted the historical Rand exchange rate v South African House Prices, there is clearly a relationship between the devaluation of the Rand and the increase in South African House Prices over time. So you can rest assured that as … Continue reading
As the Rand strengthens there will be further stagnation of South African house prices. Since June 2010, South African average house prices have been moving downwards, and increased strength in the Rand will keep this downward pressure on South African … Continue reading