Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Japie on Nominal House Prices gert on Nominal House Prices Daager on Nominal House Prices Danny on Nominal House Prices Rob on Nominal House Prices
- Hard evidence that South Africans are paying twice for state services July 14, 2014
- How South Africans spend a fortune doing government's job July 13, 2014
- The awkward, pre-wedding money conversation July 3, 2014
- Value investing and price-to-book value June 18, 2014
- 'SA economy not heading for recession' June 3, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Tipping point already reached? West Antarctica in slow-motion, unstoppable melt May 14, 2014
- Extinction crisis: rising sea levels will submerge thousands of islands April 8, 2014
- Apocalypse now? Climate change already damaging agriculture, acidifying seas, and worsening extreme weather March 31, 2014
- Top scientists propose ambitious plans to safeguard world from devastating climate change December 5, 2013
- Bangladesh plans massive coal plant in world's biggest mangrove forest November 11, 2013
- Topic "Rental amount to Net Salary Ratio" a message from KSINGH July 31, 2014
- Topic "Rental amount to Net Salary Ratio" a message from Bratboy July 31, 2014
- Topic "Rental amount to Net Salary Ratio" a message from KSINGH July 23, 2014
- Topic "Tenant refuses to move out after lease expired" a message from Bratboy July 22, 2014
- Topic "Tenant refuses to move out after lease expired" a message from Heronoz July 18, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- Real House Prices
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- How much do REAL house prices differ to nominal house prices in South Africa?
- Exploring the relationship between inflation and house prices
- What will average property prices be in 2050?
- What is the history of South African interest rates, and could they go lower?
- 163,875 hits
Category Archives: Exchange rates
In the last two years South Africans have become poorer in global terms. In 2012 the Rand was worth 13.2% less than the year before and so far this year it is worth 14.5% less again (v the USD). Have … Continue reading
Having charted the historical Rand exchange rate v South African House Prices, there is clearly a relationship between the devaluation of the Rand and the increase in South African House Prices over time. So you can rest assured that as … Continue reading
As the Rand strengthens there will be further stagnation of South African house prices. Since June 2010, South African average house prices have been moving downwards, and increased strength in the Rand will keep this downward pressure on South African … Continue reading