Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Chris on Nominal House Prices Alex on Nominal House Prices MIKE on Nominal House Prices mark on Are house builders priced out… Willie on Nominal House Prices
- SA vs. the world September 25, 2014
- The internet revolution is set to hit SA, Africa hard September 18, 2014
- The best investing strategy is to forget you’ve invested September 14, 2014
- Money management advice for teens August 31, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa's future retirees: Don't retire August 21, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Artists, musicians, writers protest government plans for massive coal plant in the Sundarbans October 28, 2014
- 'We will win this war': Yeb Saño speaks out on global warming September 17, 2014
- Tipping point already reached? West Antarctica in slow-motion, unstoppable melt May 14, 2014
- Extinction crisis: rising sea levels will submerge thousands of islands April 8, 2014
- Apocalypse now? Climate change already damaging agriculture, acidifying seas, and worsening extreme weather March 31, 2014
- Topic "Ekaya.com - Renting Better" a message from ekaya.com October 29, 2014
- Topic "Rescission of Lease" a message from yellowman October 17, 2014
- Topic "Prospective Tenant" a message from yellowman October 17, 2014
- Topic "Travel costs-reasonable claim?" a message from yellowman October 17, 2014
- Topic "Prospective Tenant" a message from dresspolvin October 16, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Other useful data
- How will South African demographics impact future South African House Prices?
- What is the history of South African interest rates, and could they go lower?
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- Data sources
- Why you should prepare for negative monthly YOY house price growths until July 2011
- 179,765 hits
Category Archives: Exchange rates
In the last two years South Africans have become poorer in global terms. In 2012 the Rand was worth 13.2% less than the year before and so far this year it is worth 14.5% less again (v the USD). Have … Continue reading
Having charted the historical Rand exchange rate v South African House Prices, there is clearly a relationship between the devaluation of the Rand and the increase in South African House Prices over time. So you can rest assured that as … Continue reading
As the Rand strengthens there will be further stagnation of South African house prices. Since June 2010, South African average house prices have been moving downwards, and increased strength in the Rand will keep this downward pressure on South African … Continue reading