Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Alex on South African property prices… Chris on South African property prices… Alex on South African property prices… Chris on South African property prices… Alex on South African property prices…
- From dream home to eviction nightmare December 18, 2014
- 3-hour 'express' ride between Durban and Pietermaritzburg December 18, 2014
- KZN schools worry about utility bills December 18, 2014
- City must compensate developer for 'excess' land December 18, 2014
- eThekwini hauled to court over illegal sale of Ballito property December 17, 2014
- SA vs. the world September 25, 2014
- The internet revolution is set to hit SA, Africa hard September 18, 2014
- The best investing strategy is to forget you’ve invested September 14, 2014
- Money management advice for teens August 31, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa's future retirees: Don't retire August 21, 2014
- Artists, musicians, writers protest government plans for massive coal plant in the Sundarbans October 28, 2014
- 'We will win this war': Yeb Saño speaks out on global warming September 17, 2014
- Tipping point already reached? West Antarctica in slow-motion, unstoppable melt May 14, 2014
- Extinction crisis: rising sea levels will submerge thousands of islands April 8, 2014
- Apocalypse now? Climate change already damaging agriculture, acidifying seas, and worsening extreme weather March 31, 2014
- Topic "Prospective Tenant" a message from marcl December 16, 2014
- Topic "cannot get the orignal signed lease from the agent" a message from marcl December 16, 2014
- Topic "Tenant's girlfriend...from hell" a message from marcl December 16, 2014
- Topic "Sectional Title voting" a message from marcl December 16, 2014
- Topic "PRIVATE RENTAL" a message from marcl December 16, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- How much do REAL house prices differ to nominal house prices in South Africa?
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- Other useful data
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- Comparing the South African property market to a typical housing bubble
- House prices continue to beat inflation, but can this continue?
- South African property prices drop almost 30% ... for expats
- 186,352 hits
Category Archives: Exchange rates
In the last two years South Africans have become poorer in global terms. In 2012 the Rand was worth 13.2% less than the year before and so far this year it is worth 14.5% less again (v the USD). Have … Continue reading
Having charted the historical Rand exchange rate v South African House Prices, there is clearly a relationship between the devaluation of the Rand and the increase in South African House Prices over time. So you can rest assured that as … Continue reading
As the Rand strengthens there will be further stagnation of South African house prices. Since June 2010, South African average house prices have been moving downwards, and increased strength in the Rand will keep this downward pressure on South African … Continue reading