Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
mark on Are house builders priced out… Willie on Nominal House Prices Japie on Nominal House Prices gert on Nominal House Prices Daager on Nominal House Prices
- The reforms that could save South Africa's future retirees: Don't retire August 21, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa’s future retirees: Industry behaviour August 13, 2014
- The reforms that could save South Africa’s future retirees: Retiree behaviour August 13, 2014
- Hard evidence that South Africans are paying twice for state services July 14, 2014
- How South Africans spend a fortune doing government's job July 13, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Tipping point already reached? West Antarctica in slow-motion, unstoppable melt May 14, 2014
- Extinction crisis: rising sea levels will submerge thousands of islands April 8, 2014
- Apocalypse now? Climate change already damaging agriculture, acidifying seas, and worsening extreme weather March 31, 2014
- Top scientists propose ambitious plans to safeguard world from devastating climate change December 5, 2013
- Bangladesh plans massive coal plant in world's biggest mangrove forest November 11, 2013
- Topic "Small scale debit order service" a message from Kazi August 27, 2014
- Topic "COMMISSION" a message from candy August 27, 2014
- Topic "Electrical Certificate Of Compliance" a message from share60 August 26, 2014
- Topic "How to evict a sub-let" a message from Nestor August 20, 2014
- Topic "A SUB TENANT "STALKING" ME" a message from Nestor August 20, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- How will South African demographics impact future South African House Prices?
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- Exploring the relationship between inflation and house prices
- What will average property prices be in 2050?
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- Data sources
- 168,877 hits
Category Archives: Demographics
The UK’s population dynamics stands in stark contrast to that of South Africa. According to the Office of National Statistics (ONS), the UK population is set to hit 70m from the current 62.3m in 16 years. This is a growth … Continue reading
With sub-saharan populations set to explode over the next 40 years, how does South Africa’s growth prospects compare? South Africa’s population is forecast to stagnate at around the current popluation of 50-55m. If property prices are partly a function of … Continue reading
Much has been written by Kenneth Gronbach in his book “The Age Curve” about the Baby Boomer generation in America and its massive impact on the consumer and housing market. The Baby Boomer generation consists of all babies born after … Continue reading
An article by a London hedge fund partner was published yesterday by Moneyweb entitled “UK hedge fund predicts SA ‘blow-up’”. Savvas Savouri, Chief economist and partner of Toscafund, one of the UK’s most high-profile hedge funds, said that “South Africa … Continue reading
Fig 1: Forecast population growth by country to 2050 With South Africa at the top of an s-shaped population curve, how does this compare to forecast populations in other countries? The United Nations World Population Prospects predicts very different demographic … Continue reading
Research recently released by the South African Institute of Race Relations (SAIRR) points to declining population numbers in South Africa after 2030. This is an even more severe estimate than the UN prediction. SAIRR are predicting a population of a … Continue reading
What do you do if you have properties in SA and are facing a low growth future? Is this you? Have you considered that prices will not rise like they did in the past? If you haven’t considered this, then … Continue reading
There is not likely to be much real property price growth in South Africa in the next 40 years. Why? Because the population explosion for South Africa has already happened. Take a look at the figures below: SA population aged … Continue reading
South African demographics reflects a very strange and intriguing future and it is very important to understand this if you are a property investor. Why? Demographics plays a very important role in determining house prices in South Africa and world … Continue reading