Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Gary on Graphs Peter Carswell on Graphs Willie on Nominal House Prices Danny on Graphs Danny on Nominal House Prices
- Durban Commonwealth games will cost R3.4bn May 27, 2015
- Joburg to revamp Metro Centre May 27, 2015
- 'Irresponsible' dog owners may prompt uMhlanga ban May 27, 2015
- Joburg municipal bills to increase by 10.23% May 27, 2015
- R1 billion residential conversion for Cape Town city centre May 26, 2015
- Topic "Charges on Lease agreement" a message from Orionmj May 26, 2015
- Topic "Rental Application Form" a message from Renter May 25, 2015
- Topic "What if Tenant wont allow me in for maintenance?" a message from dwortmann May 18, 2015
- Topic "Mandatory EAAB CPD programme" a message from Elgee May 14, 2015
- Topic "Mandatory EAAB CPD programme" a message from Ernie May 14, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Other useful data
- Real House Prices
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- How much do REAL house prices differ to nominal house prices in South Africa?
- What will average property prices be in 2050?
- How will South African demographic trends affect future South African House Prices?
- A closer look at real house prices reveals a scary picture..
- How does the Rand Exchange Rate impact South African House Prices?
- 212,943 hits
Author Archives: House Price South Africa
If you are an expat, you might have noticed that SA house prices have become a lot cheaper lately – in fact about 30% cheaper! Since the FIFA World Cup in 2010, South African property prices have become almost 30% … Continue reading
So we have been hearing all the good news recently. The broad message? The property market is steadily recovering. Experts have pointed to house price growth in 2013 at 9.92%. This after an almost zero growth 2011 and 2012 was welcome news … Continue reading
House prices in South Africa continue to grow strongly in the first quarter of 2014, keeping up the good momentum after a very strong 9.92% growth in 2013. In the first three months of the year (Jan-Mar), YoY growth was 8.65%, 8.46% … Continue reading
At the end of 2013, South African home owners and property investors were rewarded with the biggest annual house price growth in 6 years. Average house prices as recorded by ABSA grew by 9.92% (rounded up its 10%) in 2013 … Continue reading
In the last two years South Africans have become poorer in global terms. In 2012 the Rand was worth 13.2% less than the year before and so far this year it is worth 14.5% less again (v the USD). Have … Continue reading
Population expansion, increases in consumption and limited resources are coming together along with climate change to pressure the world – this is likely to lead to more turbulence, currency wars, high inflation and a general erosion of living for almost … Continue reading
The long run of month on month house price growth continues. South Africa has now enjoyed a full 12 months of incremental month on month house price growth. In nominal terms houses are more expensive than they have ever been … Continue reading
South African house prices have now had SEVEN months of consecutive falls (both in nominal and REAL terms). Real house prices are falling faster than nominal prices as CPI continues to remain above 6%. In March 2012 real house prices … Continue reading
ABSA released its December 2011 house prices on 12 Jan, and 2011 SA house price growth has now been confirmed at a pedestrian 2.19%. House prices just managed to creep up in 2011 despite all the economic challenges. However don’t forget that this … Continue reading
South African house prices slowed dramatically in October, scarcely growing at all versus September and growing at a mere 2.06% year to date v 2010. With only two months of data left to go in 2011, nominal house prices look … Continue reading
The UK’s population dynamics stands in stark contrast to that of South Africa. According to the Office of National Statistics (ONS), the UK population is set to hit 70m from the current 62.3m in 16 years. This is a growth … Continue reading
…OR are you scrambling to keep your head above water? If you are struggling right now because of property commitments then guess what? You bought at the wrong price. Your pain is merely a reflection of your own lack of … Continue reading
Are you personally helping to slow the economy? With SA annual nominal house price growth for 2011 at a paltry 1.78% year to date and looking like ending the year at the lowest annual growth since 1986 (with the exception … Continue reading
With sub-saharan populations set to explode over the next 40 years, how does South Africa’s growth prospects compare? South Africa’s population is forecast to stagnate at around the current popluation of 50-55m. If property prices are partly a function of … Continue reading
So what is happening with house prices at the moment? As predicted very little. Housing has firmly re-established itself as a place to live rather than to make money off. Nominal house prices continue to creep upwards as per history … Continue reading