Support our work!
Follow on TwitterMy Tweets
Alex on South African property prices… Chris on South African property prices… Alex on South African property prices… Chris on South African property prices… Alex on South African property prices…
- Constantia farmland rezoning heads for court January 30, 2015
- Berea property owners back to court over high-rise January 30, 2015
- App tells users in real time of load shedding in their area January 30, 2015
- What rights do you have if the landlord sells? January 29, 2015
- Be careful when buying a sectional title property off-plan January 29, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Artists, musicians, writers protest government plans for massive coal plant in the Sundarbans October 28, 2014
- 'We will win this war': Yeb Saño speaks out on global warming September 17, 2014
- Tipping point already reached? West Antarctica in slow-motion, unstoppable melt May 14, 2014
- Extinction crisis: rising sea levels will submerge thousands of islands April 8, 2014
- Apocalypse now? Climate change already damaging agriculture, acidifying seas, and worsening extreme weather March 31, 2014
- Topic "6 months rent outstanding" a message from catttty January 31, 2015
- Topic ""Landlord from Hell" Stories" a message from catttty January 31, 2015
- Topic "Charge levied for Outgoing Inspection" a message from catttty January 31, 2015
- Topic "Charge levied for Outgoing Inspection" a message from VanessaGoosen January 30, 2015
- Topic "Charge levied for Outgoing Inspection" a message from Bratboy January 30, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Nominal House Prices
- Real House Prices
- Other useful data
- Will the current South African property market mimic the 1980's recovery?
- How will South African demographics impact future South African House Prices?
- What will average property prices be in 2050?
- A closer look at real house prices reveals a scary picture..
- Are house builders priced out the market?
- How much do REAL house prices differ to nominal house prices in South Africa?
- 192,815 hits
Author Archives: House Price South Africa
If you are an expat, you might have noticed that SA house prices have become a lot cheaper lately – in fact about 30% cheaper! Since the FIFA World Cup in 2010, South African property prices have become almost 30% … Continue reading
So we have been hearing all the good news recently. The broad message? The property market is steadily recovering. Experts have pointed to house price growth in 2013 at 9.92%. This after an almost zero growth 2011 and 2012 was welcome news … Continue reading
House prices in South Africa continue to grow strongly in the first quarter of 2014, keeping up the good momentum after a very strong 9.92% growth in 2013. In the first three months of the year (Jan-Mar), YoY growth was 8.65%, 8.46% … Continue reading
At the end of 2013, South African home owners and property investors were rewarded with the biggest annual house price growth in 6 years. Average house prices as recorded by ABSA grew by 9.92% (rounded up its 10%) in 2013 … Continue reading
In the last two years South Africans have become poorer in global terms. In 2012 the Rand was worth 13.2% less than the year before and so far this year it is worth 14.5% less again (v the USD). Have … Continue reading
Population expansion, increases in consumption and limited resources are coming together along with climate change to pressure the world – this is likely to lead to more turbulence, currency wars, high inflation and a general erosion of living for almost … Continue reading
The long run of month on month house price growth continues. South Africa has now enjoyed a full 12 months of incremental month on month house price growth. In nominal terms houses are more expensive than they have ever been … Continue reading
South African house prices have now had SEVEN months of consecutive falls (both in nominal and REAL terms). Real house prices are falling faster than nominal prices as CPI continues to remain above 6%. In March 2012 real house prices … Continue reading
ABSA released its December 2011 house prices on 12 Jan, and 2011 SA house price growth has now been confirmed at a pedestrian 2.19%. House prices just managed to creep up in 2011 despite all the economic challenges. However don’t forget that this … Continue reading
South African house prices slowed dramatically in October, scarcely growing at all versus September and growing at a mere 2.06% year to date v 2010. With only two months of data left to go in 2011, nominal house prices look … Continue reading
The UK’s population dynamics stands in stark contrast to that of South Africa. According to the Office of National Statistics (ONS), the UK population is set to hit 70m from the current 62.3m in 16 years. This is a growth … Continue reading
…OR are you scrambling to keep your head above water? If you are struggling right now because of property commitments then guess what? You bought at the wrong price. Your pain is merely a reflection of your own lack of … Continue reading
Are you personally helping to slow the economy? With SA annual nominal house price growth for 2011 at a paltry 1.78% year to date and looking like ending the year at the lowest annual growth since 1986 (with the exception … Continue reading
With sub-saharan populations set to explode over the next 40 years, how does South Africa’s growth prospects compare? South Africa’s population is forecast to stagnate at around the current popluation of 50-55m. If property prices are partly a function of … Continue reading
So what is happening with house prices at the moment? As predicted very little. Housing has firmly re-established itself as a place to live rather than to make money off. Nominal house prices continue to creep upwards as per history … Continue reading